Sunday, December 7, 2008

Fall Fun

This fall seems to have flown by! Surprised? Daniel has spent most of the fall going to class and preparing the paper and presentation for the major project he worked on this summer. I have stayed busy leading a women's Beth Moore study on Monday nights, babysitting, and maximizing time with friends.


We managed to go to every home football game -- GO BEAVS!! This meant that we were able to get tickets to the much anticipated Civil War game. I never thought of myself as much of a football fan, but it sure has been fun getting dressed in our orange and black and revving up our Beaver spirit!

Another highlight for me this fall was a visit with my dear friend Hayley. We have been friends since I first moved to Virginia Beach. She and her family now live in Naples, FL, and her husband generously offered to keep their three girls while she came out for a long weekend of "girl time." We would sleep in and then head out for the day. I was anxious to show her everything around here. We went to the coast one day and had lunch in Depot Bay. It was actually quite sunny that day, but there was this wierd haze and the waves were huge. I was hoping to spot some whales, but we never saw any.

Since the weather was so gorgeous that weekend, we did lots of hiking and one of our trips was up to the top of Mary's Peak. You can see this mountain from our house and it's the highest point on the Coastal Mountain range. We have been snowshoeing up there and hiked on our anniversary. This time we took a picnic lunch and the visibility was just incredible. Daniel came along and led us around the loop. We could see the Three Sisters mountains all the way in Bend (100 miles away!) because it was so clear. This was a really relaxing time and something Hayley doesn't get to do often without children. I was so glad she could come visit -- I am so blessed by her friendship.

No comments: