Friday, October 2, 2009

On Being Pregnant: 86 days to go!

Praise God this pregnancy has been relatively uncomplicated. I am 28 weeks and counting down! This change to my body has taught me several things: 1) sleep is not my own anymore 2) my body will never look exactly the same 3) maternity clothes are a complete rip-off 4) my own bathroom is my best friend 5) I thought I loved backrubs before, but they are needed more often now 6) the feeling of my son kicking and moving inside me always brings a huge smile to my face regardless of the time of day/night 7) the expectation of a child and seeing him grow within creates a new and special bond in marriage! Daniel is my hero right now. He so often sacrificially gets out of bed to get the lotion and rub my back if I'm having a hard time falling to sleep at night. I enjoy watching his amazement when he sees my belly go up and down from kicks. He is going to be a very natural Dad and I'm so thankful.

Last month we celebrated our second anniversary with dinner at the Melting Pot. I'm not sure how, but we ate everything served to us! We also spent Labor Day at the beach and then several days in Houston for time with family and two baby showers. My parents even flew to Houston for the showers which made for a perfect time to introduce our son's name. We shared over dinner with both grandparents that he will be named David Edward Lutz. David honors my Dad and we pray that our son will be a Godly man like him and King David in the Bible. Edward is Daniel's and his father's middle names so we're continuing that tradition. We will call him David or the occasional Little David around my father.




A few days ago we scheduled a 3D ultrasound at an ultrasound center in town. We had heard good recommendations from friends. We spent an hour watching our son kick his legs, pinch his nose, open and close his mouth, blink his eyes, lick his arm and basically enjoy his time in-utero! He's one active little guy and we are so anxious to meet him. I think from the pictures he has his Daddy's mouth and legs, but we'll have to see.

This week we're headed to San Diego for Michael's BUDS graduation. This will be our last vacation before it's time to start planning for David's arrival. I'm beginning to feel quite uncomfortable and am more squirmy than a two year old these days.

1 comment:

Lady Cayt said...

I'm so excited for you guys & so glad you're back in the area! Congrats on the BOY! I have three and think they're great! I hope we can get together sometime to catch up. Take care and let me know if you need any maternity clothes and/or baby clothes/toys/etc. :)