Saturday, June 16, 2007

Erin in VA Beach: "June...What happened to May?"

May was quite the busy month! I'm not sure where it went but I know where I went...

The beginning of May started with being a bridesmaid in a college friend's wedding in Richmond. Following that I spent 5 days in Texas with Daniel's family. Daniel's mom and several of her friends hosted two incredible wedding showers for me that week. We had one with many of Daniel's family and friends and another with many of Marjie's friends from pool aerobics. We were showered with gifts and I felt so incredibly loved by everyone! I am so blessed to not only be marrying Daniel but to be part of his family. Daniel called me during both showers--what a thoughtful man I have! It was great to spend so much time getting to know Daniel's family and Marjie and I had an especially great time doing "girl" things that she never gets to do with three boys!

A week after my trip to Texas I headed out to California for another college friend's wedding. I guess you could say I'm getting enough practice in and definitely taking many notes! The weekend in Southern CA was so restful and a much needed last girl time with Danielle before her wedding. Danielle and I were roomates most of college and have remained best friends.
And, now it's the middle of June? However, I'm not complaining about the time flying by--the countdown has officially started and Daniel will be home in 48 days (the beginning of August)! It was great to do all this travelling and have a little vacation before the next couple months cranks up and keeps us busy. My sister Annie arrived last weekend and is staying up here with me for the rest of the summer. I am so excited about her being here--one because she's good company and two because she is thrilled about helping with wedding festivities...little does she know I plan on having her address 225 invitations! ha

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Erin!!! Hey girl!! I found your blog through Deborah's-I can't believe I hadn't seen it before! I'm so excited for you and all that has happened in your life since we talked last. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Erin, Is that Peggy Kriel in one of your shower pictures? I still can't believe that connection. It is such a small world. Please tell them hello for me!!